Thursday, May 12, 2016

Kelle's Story chapter 2... Organizing a PEZ Gathering....


Nothing was going to stop me hosting the 1st UK PEZ Gathering!


So that was it, I was actually doing it!
2016 would see the
1st Ever UK PEZ Gathering!
I couldn't contain my excitement, but very quickly that excitement
turned into nervousness!
I let my brain do that silly thing of overthinking things!
 "But what if this happens? Or that happens?"

 But what I should have really been thinking was 

"You can do this and you're going to make it the best you can"!

 I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work, and I also knew that it wasn't going to be an easy ride. So first things first. I needed a theme for the whole event. I wanted everything to tie in together and flow cohesively with the branding that I was going to do. I knew that I wanted to have something a little bit different to the norm as let's face it, I'm not exactly what people would class as normal! Lots of ideas ran through my head but none of them seemed to be what I was wanting. Then I looked up and Daryl, my husband, was watching a documentary on the punk music scene. Then I had it. It was completely perfect and exactly what I was after. I was going to have it as PEZ Anarchy In The UK!! 
Oi Oi So the theme was set and made way for me to get on with everything else!


Next thing on the list:
The Dispenser!
 I had to get the order in for these very quickly after determining that I was definitely going to be hosting the event.
I am very lucky to be in a position to be able to have a dispenser produced by PEZ International. 100 of these dispensers have been made and I must say,
 I love them!

They will be revealed at the event to the attendees first, as I wanted to keep that as a surprise for them! Bearing in mind that I had to order these a long time ago, I think I've done pretty well in not letting it slip so far!
So that was a big weight off my shoulders; the part that
everyone will want was complete!

Now, I couldn't host a gathering if I had nowhere to do it.
 I would have loved to be able to afford to do a whole 3 day event and really go full throttle, but alas, having a young family means that
funds would never allow for that.
It's probably a good thing in all honesty, it means we can use this year to test the water and see how it all goes before planning bigger and better
 things for the future.
I hummed and harred about where I should have the event take place. Of course people automatically think it should be in London, but with me not living near London, it would have been hard to organize everything for there. Plus I'm a country bumpkin, so getting lost in London is a very easy task for me!
After a lot of consideration, I decided on the "fine city" of Norwich and
quickly decided on the venue option too.
I booked a venue called
The Garage.
 No it's not a mechanics workshop, it's a lovely performing arts venue
for young people in the heart of Norwich.
 It doesn't usually host things like this, but the venue manager seemed really excited about it and told me tales of how he used to steal his sisters sweets! See PEZ is great for making people reminisce!
YES!! We had a venue and we had a date!
Saturday the 20th August 2016
was going to make a little bit of PEZ history.

https://www.facebook.com/PezCollectorsUK/

Did you miss Part 1 of Kelle's story? 
you can find it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment